As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

A Mid Morning Rant... Saturday, August 20

My early morning was fantastic, my afternoon was great, and my evening was fabulous, but that middle time in between early morning and afternoon, it was brutal.  

I slept in.  I slept in after already waking up so bloody early for an important meeting and returning home for a quick cat nap. What was suppose to be a quiet night in was totally ambushed by the arrival of someone who will remain nameless and her guest.  Oh who am I kidding here, it was my house guest and her house guest -- a double whammy.  I woke up at 3am to noise in my kitchen and then was introduced to another house guest of my house guest.  Needless to say I wasn't impressed.  I played it cool, said hi and smiled, but upon waking up at noon for a fitness competition I was suppose to be at around 9:30am, ya, not cool on so many levels!  I had already woken up too around 6am.  I had a meeting in the east part of the city at 7:30 and then returned home an hour later but I was exhausted from the interrupted sleep that night.  

And you when you wake up super late, having had slept totally in for something important, and you just feel like your whole day is ruined?!  Yeah, well that's exactly how I felt.  I had canceled this morning's boot camp class in High Park so that I could participate in the Gatoraid Course O military obstacle course.  J-Doll and some of his friends were doing it and I wanted to do it too.  After my meeting this morning I had messaged him, telling him that I was exhausted but that I'd come out to at least take pictures.  He said he was sure that once I was there I'd want to join in, he knows I'm super competitive like that, and I knew he was right.  

Slept in, missed the entire thing, and then it ate at me the rest of the day.  And don't even get me started how I then had to cancel plans because I ended up not having my house to myself around late afternoon.

....blahhhhhh!!!

Thankfully my meal out with Poo erased all thoughts of what went down and didn't go down this mid morning and late afternoon.  Doesn't get my house guest off the hook though.  She may be gorgeously cute and super sweet but what house guest invites their own house guests?!  That's what I want to know.

No comments: