As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Full Day of Training, Church, Eating, and Gorgeous Glass Flowers.


 
Good morning beautiful Toronto!!!
I hit the hills at Riverdale for some hill training, nice and early before church and before my body could figure out what the heck I was putting it through.
I had put an open invite to my Team Blue, telling them they could join me for hill sprints.
One of my fighters showed up.  I put her through some tough training and she pushed herself through it so I was a proud coach watching her train.  I'll always have mad props for anyone who puts in the effort to better themselves.
This upcoming week my roommate, the Jamaican Beauty, moves out and a new roomie will be moving in.  I'm going to miss waking in on Balboa and her bonding like this... too cute!
Attended my friend's church today and their youth choir, Chosen Generation, performed.
Correction, they made everyone jump out of their seats with excitement and get goose bumps!!!
See the big guy behind the pulpit, that's my buddy from System.  He's pretty awesome.
During the song service I snapped this picture.  It's of a 92 year old man who decided he wanted to dance with the pretty lady in the next pew.  I thought it was such a beautiful moment so I had to snap a pic.
Look who's feeling good and looking good -- the Captain!!!
He picked me up from church today and together we went out for lunch.
Breakfast foods for lunch?! Ummm... of course!
I tried to steer away from eating those hashbrowns and instead eat his salad but I ended up eating both.  Yes, it's true.  I ate enough for a small country.
Lunch out was followed by a visit to the R.O.M. to see the Chihuly exhibit -- blown glass.
This picture doesn't do any justice to the awesomeness of those glass blown balls that were massive and so pretty.  Actually, none of the following pictures do the artwork justice.  Go check it out!!!
Click HERE for the link to first check it out online.
Simply gorgeous!!!
I could probably sit in one of these, they were that big.  They're so pretty.
If you're in Toronto, I totally recommend to go see this exhibit.
I know I'm on repeat here with saying this but it's just so pretty to see in person!

Massive and... you know what I'm going to say here... so beautiful!
The kid in me wanted to touch everything but I wasn't allowed to.
This was the closest I got to touching any of the amazingly beautiful exhibit displays.
This was my favourite piece of them all.  It was this a multitude of massive flowers that you walked under and the way that the light hit them all different just amplified their colours and amazing detail. It was the prettiest thing I remember seeing in a long time...and of course I wanted to touch them too but wasn't allowed.  Gorgeous!

No comments: