As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Busy to Scrambled Rambling... Saturday, September 24

Saturdays for me now kick off at 6:30am.  So much for sleeping in because it's the weekend.  Fridays and Saturdays are the roughest days of my week which, for everyone else, is ironically usually the lightest of days. 

I wanted to fly through the day, just get through it, so that I could show up and get in my training at System Fitness.  That was my focus of today, training.  Instead, in between waking up and getting to System (and even after it too) life happened.  Things always come up and today was no different. 

How today went down...

6:30am    Wake up.
7:30am    Eat breakfast on the go as I walk to coaching.
8:00am    Open up the female-only club -- finish work at 1pm.
1:00pm    Lunch with Captain Bowtie.
2:30pm    Study at the Toronto Reference Library.
5:30pm    Boxing and weight training at System Fitness.
7:30pm    Arrive home to walk Balboa, update homepage, answer fan mail.
9:00pm    Deal with a phone call from Korea.
10:00pm  Head down to the lake with the Golden Nugget.
1:00am    Arrive home, walk Balboa and then crash for the night.

I met a new friend at System today.  He's a Korean dude in his early 30's and he's so white-washed but he did appreciate my choice of Korean music that I blasted as we trained in the spinning room together.  He's from Seoul -- every Korean says they're from Seoul.  I blasted old school beats like DJ DOC and we chatted a bit in Korean.  Nice guy.  He had brought with him an agility ladder and that's a piece of training equipment that I've been wanting to get my hands on for some time.  It's such a good item for any boxer to add to their gym bag for training, seriously.  I want to pick up one or two to use with Team Blue at training. 

I may not be in Korea any more but dang do the Koreans seem to find their way to me, the Asians in general that is.  I had a PT this morning who is Asian, had lunch with an Asian (Captain Bowtie), got help at the library from an Asian, trained at System with an Asian, got a phone call from an Asian is Asia, and then went to the lake with another Asian (the Golden Nugget).  Oh and my dog is Asian, Balboa.  God bless the Asians, they're every where and I love them.

And on that note, my homepage entry totally took a stumble with the direction it was going so I'm outta here.  Fist bumps, kudos and karma to you for reading this.

No comments: