As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 19, 2016

First Official Team Training Together... Monday, September 19


It was the first official training session at the boxing club for Team Blue and my phone wasn't working so I couldn't take any pictures of videos, go figure.  Murphy's Law, totally. 

Usually I'm at Clancy's doing my own team training/core conditioning with Coach Rico and the crew that comes out so it was a bit sad to see them training without me.  I miss training with them but having them there is a bitter sweet situation because as much as I wish I was training with them it is pretty great to have them there to feed me their positive energy and awesome vibes.

The club manager had notified everyone on Friday of who was in what team; each team has seven fighters.  I'm very happy with our pickings and the results of the teams.  Each team needs work but the fact that each of these fighters has participated in this event previously definitely helps to set the stage.  They knew what they were getting into when they signed up so there's no surprises with how intense the training will get and with what's required of them.  Having said that though, it doesn't exactly mean that it's going to be any easier for them having had that previous experience.  Work is work and this experience will surely demand a lot of work on their behalf.  Juggling a full time job with the set training schedule is going to be quite the task and it's going to include a lack of sleep, sore muscles, and a will power that's going to be flexed and needing an extra push every single week.  I have faith in them though and that's what I'm here for, to help them any way I can.

For now, they're training four days a week with Clancy's Boxing -- 3 days at the boxing club and 1 day at Riverdale Park for hill training.  In two weeks we'll be kicking it up a few notches with the addition of weekly Saturday sparring to their training regimen.

TEAM BLUE'S TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Monday  8:30-9:30pm           - Boxing
Tuesday  6:30-7:30pm           - Hill training
Wednesday  8:30-9:30pm      - Boxing
Friday  8:30-9:30pm              - Boxing

COMING SOON...
Saturday (afternoon TBA)     - Sparring

No comments: