As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Today it was All About Boxing... But Then Again it Always Is!

Warming Team Blue up for today's training.
On Saturdays we spar at Clancy's.
...and apparently we get all emotional about sparring too.
Too funny.  One of my fighters stepped out of the ring from sparring only to cry and giggle in the same breath.  Not too sure what that was about but she's apparently not the first to do this.  I can somewhat relate though.  There's definitely an emotional connection between pushing yourself to new limits and sparring.
 Doing some core conditioning to end today's training.
  Spent my evening out at Battle Arts, cheering on this pro star -- Killer Bee!!!
 I was way too excited and too pumped to see her fight.  The Captain and I headed out there together so we got super silly at the fights.  I met a monkey and that only added to the enjoyment of the event.
 Meet up with some of the familiar fabulous faces from Jamestown Boxing.
 Three boxers were fighting today out of Jamestown.
 Had to get a shot with Coach Adrian.  He looks all super serious here but he's all giggles and smiles.

No comments: