As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Cabbagetown I Heart You!

 
Cabbagetown is changing.
There's a new condo being built down the street and today I watched as the construction workers adjusted an old house that they'll be moving out of the area.  I suspect another condo will be made in its place.
Even the surrounding area is changing.
This was the sight I arrived to on Monday when I arrived at what I thought was my printer's shop.
Turns out I had the last two numbers of the address wrong but talk about instant panic at the sight of this.
I'm changing too and soon I'll be moving out of Cabbagetown.  It's a bitter sweet move.
I'll miss the people I've met here, like this man walking his pups down the walkway.  He's one of my floor neighbours and those dogs, Dee and Yo, the big German Sheppard Dee is Balboa's crush. 
I may be moving out of Cabbagetown and it may be changing but I will always have much love for this place.  I was thinking about this today and then, when I went to grab a coffee at a local Starbucks, I saw this -- a stocking with my name on it up.  The stocking isn't actually for me, there's a worker I've yet to meet here that sports the same name, but I joked with them and told them I expect to return to it busting at the seems thanks to Santa.

No comments: