As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Staying Inspired, Focused and Determined

We all define ourselves differently and labelling myself as "average" or "normal" was never a goal
of mine.  I want to be so much more than I already am so to not pursue my potential
and aim to stretch it would be such a personal disappointment. 
My first reaction when I saw this particular quote was to laugh because back when I was creating Hulk's, eating physical food had gone from being a necessity to a luxury.  It was either feed my construction workers or feed myself.  I fed them and lived off whatever food and coffee friends brought.  I fed off the drive to make my dream come true.
Oh I'm going to get it.  Still dealing with a bit of sensory overload with how to go about it but it's definitely in the works and every day I'm closure than I was the day before.
This is going to happen... just waiting for the pop.

No comments: