As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Team Training One Last Night

A new week, a new Monday, and a new start to kicking your challenges and working
towards your goals, and today this fierce female jumped right on that.
After coaching my boot camp over at Riverdale, I returned home and had to change because I had to head out for more coaching but this time downtown.  My days have been non stop.  I finally was able to do laundry the other day but didn't quite have enough time to actually put it away.  Balboa seems to appreciate this though.
This past weekend there was a big fitness competition here in Toronto and calendars were handed out.  One of my coworkers at the women only gym I coach at was super sweet in grabbing an extra one for me -- thanks lady. 
 I was flipping through the calendar on route home today and who should I spot but one of my gal pals from System, awesome!  I gave a little scream and hopped in my seat at the sight of her.
In between rushing home from coaching and heading out for my training and then coaching Team Blue, I flopped down on my bed and Balboa leaned over me.  He licked my nose -- a little reminder to me to pause and savor these sweet moments in life.  Life has been happening a full speed lately.
 Spent some time this afternoon writing thank you cards to each of my Team Blue fighters and some other key people who have really assisted the team and me with preparing for fight night.
  Last official training session with Team Blue and they showed up super pumped and positive.
 Ended our last team training session with handing out my thank you cards.
With today being the last training session for Team Blue, I'll be saying hello to free nights and hello to more intense training for myself.  I've decided to pair this particular hello with saying hello to Keto.

No comments: