As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 13, 2017

A Crash and Burn Kind of Night... Friday, January 13

I'm so international... Hahaha.  It's true.  Today in addition to the obvious fine, friendly folks here in Canada, I dealt with five other countries for work.

1.  Korea -- Job Interview with a personal trainer who wants to work at Hulk's.

2.  Japan -- Boxing club coach contacted me regarding a proposal he has for me.

3.  Thailand -- I was contacted by MJKO here in Toronto who has a young female amateur fighter who will be traveling to Thailand and wants to continue their training while there.  I know a kick boxer training in Thailand so I contacted her.

4.  India  -- I have a supplier there whom I need to order more boxing equipment from -- 10oz and 14oz gloves.

5.  Philippines -- Got confirmation that I officially have a place to live in when I make my temporary move there next month.

My job title:  professional athlete, entrepreneur, CEO of Hulk's Club.

Took the night of training -- off of boxing, off of weight training, and off of sparring at Fight Club.  I've been going super hard with long hours doing my business proposal.  I even took the night off of Keto, well, kind of.  I went to 420 Smokehouse, indulged in a meat platter of pure delishness and then was treated to a small blizzard at Dairy Queen.  

I didn't actually intend to take the night off of training, to tell you the truth.  My plan was to return home from dinner at 8:30pm, lay down till a bit after 9pm and then get to System Fitness by 10pm the latest.  I'd have a full hour to get in a solid workout in. 

That was the plan.  What ended up happening in reality was a whole other story.

Laid down for a "nap" and my nap turned into a 12 hour sleep.  Woke up the next day, ouch!!!

No comments: