As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Not a Life for the Average... Wednesday, January 11

HIM:  You only worked two hours today?!  What do you do with all your free time?
ME;  I studied at the library, I went and checked out some equipment at the store, did my research on 4 different gyms, met up with my main business mentor,... [ramble, ramble, ramble of more things I did]. What free time?  I'm an entrepreneur AND an athlete, so that means I'm overworked and underfed.
  
Entrepreneur, someone who works 70 hours a week to avoid a 40 hour work week.  Those who don't have that entrepreneur mentality will never understand.  It is a blessing but a curse at the same time, to not be satisfied with anything but your own dream and aspirations. 

HIM:  What are you doing up so late?.. I'm heading to bed.
ME:   I'm drawing the floor plan for my Second Dream.

"I'm drawing the floor plan", I repeated in my head... "I'm drawing".  That's exactly what I was doing.  I was sitting there with a pen in hand, sketching and erasing, erasing and sketching, designing MY floor plan for MY dream, MY Second Dream.

...and just like that the craziness of the day, the nonstop go of it and the lack of paycheck that comes with all the endless hours of work I do was justified.  The average person was going to sleep.  It was coming up to 1am and I was still working on my business plan at Snakes & Lattes, a place that I often go to work on work at because it's open late.  I've only twice have ever played a game here, acted like a "typical patron", all other times I come loaded with my laptop or iPad and my Second Dream brainstorming book.  "Go to sleep my friend", I said to myself.  "You sleep and dream.  I'm too busy making my life my dream."

No comments: