As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Feeling so "Blah" Today... Wednesday, February 8

By the time 8am had rolled around and most of my friends were just rolling out of bed, I was heading out the door of Cabbagetown Boxing.  Seven rounds of sparring done.  Mind you, as productive as that makes me sound, that was pretty much the extent of my productivity today.

Spent a good chunk of my day dealing with potential buyers for various things I'm selling on Kijji for other people.  Worked on my business proposal, responded to various work emails and updated my homepage.  All things that kept me inside, cozy and warm under my blanket.

I had left the house for sparring and then to go see Balboa before weight training but weight training never happened.  I curled up on that big, oversized leather couch in the posh condo where Balboa is staying and I was out like a light.

I'm not living in Cabbagetown anymore and I'm not living with Balboa either, and I'm missing both but am grateful to those who are helping me out.  I'm living in the Distillery District with two friends from university and Balboa is living down by the CN Tower and Rogers Centre with Skittles who has so graciously agreed to not only house and look after Balboa but who has also decided to take Balboa to work with him every so often.  So Balboa has a job and I have some piece and quiet.  I miss waking up to Balboa, having him by my side, and coming home to him.  He's coming to the Philippines with me though so that's super exciting.

No comments: