As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

I Miss My Babies

 This use to be how I started my day.  
I'd have to fight my way out from under the blankets and all the legs piled on me.
With 3 four-legged babies on my bed, you'd have no idea that bed was a queen size.
Pyen Chi often joined me in the club but she was picky with who she let warm up to her
so she kept to hanging out with me while I trained and lounging behind the juice bar. 
Pac was never allowed to be in the club when members were present but he 
scored a lot of play time with me both in the morning and after club hours.
I love this picture of him and me; it's my favourite.  
We were always both so happy together, so smiley.
Pac was my shadow, never letting me out of his sight.
Pacquiao, Pyen Chi and Balboa... my beautiful babies.  I love them so much.

No comments: