As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Preparing to Launch... Wednesday, February 15

I'm definitely putting "it" out there, out into the universe... 

"It" refers to my Second Dream.

I sat down today and slaved away at securing different social media links -- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, email address, and domain name.  Before I leave for the Philippines the plan is to launch the website for my Second Dream thus revealing the actual name of it for all to see.  

A part of me is nervous to reveal my next company's name, the name of my Second Dream.  I know copy cats exist but I also know that copy cats can't duplicate the passion and love I have for what I'm about to launch.  I've put countless time and effort into this.

This is my Second Dream but if Flipside Fitness was the stepping stone to Hulk's Boxing and Hulk's Boxing was the stepping stone to Hulk's Club, than Hulk's Club is the stepping stone to this, to my Second Dream.  It's almost as if I've gone full circle actually; it's Flipside Fitness but on the same magnitude as Hulk's Club but done with no business partners.  It's just me, myself and I.   

Tomorrow I'm going to get a sweater printed with my new company's name on it, the name of my Second Dream, and I'm super giddy just thinking about it.  I'm curious who will comment on it first.

No comments: