As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Warning, Hangry Girl on the Loose... Friday, February 10

I must apologize for anything I may say or do when I'm hangry... Wow.

I thought I was okay when noon had rolled around and I hadn't yet eaten.  I had gone to bed around 4:30am this morning and woke up around 10am so I had only been up for two hours.  I had gone to bed with a belly full of eggs and veggies, thanks to a late night Western omelette I was treated to, so I thought that would keep me for a bit.

Wrong.

Headed into a coffee shop in the Distillery District to do some work.  I had a bowl of chilli in a takeout container with some bread and then I ordered a coffee.  There I stood, super hungry but not sure if I could eat my outside food in the shop, looking for a seat.  The lack of seats and the noise of the place mixed with me being so dash hungry only amplified my growing impatience and eagerness to eat which consequently made me super figitty, wanting to rip open my brown bagged chilli and inhale it in one breath.  So I left.

I get hangry but today it was bad.  I would have sling-shot a spoonful of chilli if I thought it'd score me a seat and a piece of quietness.  

No comments: