As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Sea Side for Boxing

The sea,... I see the sea!!!
Headed sea side today for a night of live, action-packed boxing bouts.
The bouts took place at the Mall of Asia.
 It's a massive mall that looks out on to the sea, sweet.
 And talking about sweet, my friend showed up!!!
And to add more sweetness to the sweet, he got us down on the ground floor of the fights.
 Tonight's fights were rough and tough, filled with lots of hard hits and lots of blood.
 I was particularly impressed with this fierce female fighter so afterward I scored a pic with her.
In the first minute of the first round she totally dominated and destroyed her opponent, leaving her opponent to the mercy of the ref's stoppage to save her.  
Beside me sat the current number one ranked Filipino super lightweight, Jheritz Chavez.
He looked pretty calm, cool and collected so I had my doubts about him fighting 
because he didn't exactly warm up so much.
Regardless, he gave a wicked fight, put on a huge show, and the crowd absolutely loved it.
He came in dominating his opponent and then his opponent came back, but in the 
end it was Chavez who proved to be the better fighter.
Ended the eventful evening, the boxing-packed day, with some Korean food.
I've been holding off on eating Korean food since I left Korea, over a year and a half ago now, but tonight I decided to introduce a special someone to the wonderful world of Korean food. 

No comments: