As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Best Hair Shave E.V.E.R... Tuesday, March 14

As I sat there waiting for my business mentor to get his hair cut, he turned to his barber and asked if they'd cut my hair.  I got my hair cut and head shaved right before I left for the Philippines, about two weeks ago, but considering my shaved part is high maintenance it's due for a trimming. 

The barber said sure and then asked one of the free barbers if they'd do it.

I sat down in the barber chair and smiled.  I had just watched this particular barber cut a young guy's hair and it looked so sharp so I was confident he'd do a good job.  I think I was more confident than the barber though; he was so nervous.  

Turns out they've never cut a girl's hair here.

Beads of sweat formed on the forehead of my barber's head so I did my best at not making him more nervous by looking down and just relaxing in the chair.  I'm not so hyper about my hair though.  I'm not girly like that.  But I do love a good shave.  I love it when they do the thick part and clean up the lines so it's crisp and super clean. 

I had only asked the barber to shave the one side, not to touch the other side, but I think today's shave was one of the longest ones I've ever had.  Having said this though, I also think it was one of the sickest shaves I've ever had.  The attention to detail this barber gave was incredible and I loved it how he pulled out the straight blade to clean up my lines.  

Broke barriers here in the Philippines getting the best head shave ever and it only cost me 280Php, $7.57 Canadian.

No comments: