As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Architect in Me... Sunday, April 17

Was going to hit the pool for some swimming.
Was going to attend the Easter Sunday church service down the street.
Was going to head to the gym and do a lower body weight training session.

Would have, could have... Should have?! But didn't.

I hit the pool but only to linger in the one end and then get out.  Pool was too cold.
Decided not to go to church after I ate a donut, yes that's my excuse, and I ended up crashing off that sugar rush in the Starbucks bathroom.  Holy upset tummy.
Didn't go to the gym because I wanted to work on my business proposal and ponder my next big step concerning it.

Instead, I had a refuel day -- I ate my body weight in carbs.  Okay, so I didn't exactly eat that many carbs but I did have two servings of homemade pasta with beef.  It was pure delish.

Sundays are always sad for me here in the Philippines.  They are suppose to be my one rest day, one day off training, but they end up often more than not being a light training day.

Definition of "light training day" in my world means only one training session as suppose to two training sessions -- no boxing.

They're usually sad for me because I wake up with the instant realization, sudden reality check, that I don't have to get up and rush off to church.  I don't go to church in the Philippines and that only makes me miss my church in Canada all that more -- Grant African Church.  Anyways, Sunday's use to be the day I'd go to church, head out for a beautiful lunch with beautiful company and then I'd often meet up with a friend either for that lunch or for coffee afterward.  I use to love my Sundays, now I spend them in lazy mode, waiting for them to be finished.  Today was a prime example.

No comments: