As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

A Packed Saturday

Tomorrow I'm going to be busy in the morning, rushing to the airport for my flight, so today I was 
treated to a special breakfast out.  It felt so Western... so many carbs... I loved it!
The waiter had no idea why I kept looking at him but it kept him super smiley.
Truth of the matter was he reminded me so much of my dear friend J-Doll back in Toronto.
It was a packed house today for the amateur boxing tournament and I was there to take it all in.
Eight fighters from my club were participating so I stood ringside and cheered them on.
I love these in-between-round, corner moments between the coach and his fighter.
My buddy Nico didn't win his fight but he did stop the show!  In the first round he had damaged his opponent's shoulder but when the ref went to go raise it up, to announce he had won, it was popped out of the joint... holy painful!  He went to the ground in pain, ouch!!!
Win or learn, it's always so awesome to step into the ring and give it all you got.  Props to Nico.
Leaving the boxing tournament, I realized there were other fights going on... cock fights!
I saw all these men walking around with their birds.  What a sight and talk about crazy noises!!!
Dinner for two?!  No, nice try.  How about dinner reservations for about a hundred!
I don't know what there was more of, food or family!
I think it's fair to say it was a tie.  It was a delicious and beautiful tie.

No comments: