As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 21, 2017

An Overdose of Business and Food Today

See all these people, they're waiting in line for this particular food vendor hotspot.
I didn't join their line but instead was treated to a private lunch menu launch party 
at the restaurant beside it.
Just recently the Belle & Dragon has revamped their lunch menu.
A local bar isn't exactly where I'd think to go for food let alone good food but their food was out of this world.  Seriously, it was so delish and we all left with mad food coma.
There were four of us who were pampered by the entire staff at Belle & Dragon.  
We were totally spoiled.
 After lunch, I was taken to Launch Lab, a company that helps revamp restaurants, along with other food services it provides.  Today I was introduced to them and I hope to meet with them next week to go over a more detailed approach to how they can help build my business.
 So much for early morning boxing.  I didn't get into training till much later and Coach Bogs was so surprised to see me so late.  I've never trained this late here before.
The boxing club was completely packed.  I counted 24 of us training.
 After training I eat... am always training and always eating.
Tonight I was treated out to SaladStop!... a favourite place for clean eats.
No sooner did I arrive home from dinner but then I was being called out by one of my business mentors.  We met at a local restaurant that was situated by the Japanese restaurant I ate at the other week so we dropped in.  My business mentor is familiar with them.

I had trained hard today but had also been treated to an overdose of food but what was one cookie, right?!  Right.  I just wanted to smell it but when the chef called me behind the dessert counter I knew it was game over for dodging the sweetness of these cookies starring at me.  I indulged in one.

No comments: