As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Balboa, the Smallest Dog with the Biggest Heart

Unconditional love, defined by me as someone who loves me despite how gym nasty sweaty I get.
Balboa unconditionally loves me and after my morning run he was the only one who ran to me for hugs and kisses, despite how sweaty and smelly I had got from my run.
I think all the hugs and kisses I gave him after my run exhausted him because by the time 
I showered and sat down to relax for a bit he was already passed out.
An afternoon break from work meant no break from Balboa.
That boy is always on me, literally.  Whether it's sleeping on my lap as I do computer work or sitting on me when I take a quick break on the couch, he's attached to me like an added body part... an added body part that's always demanding extra love.
 Finally got away from Balboa.  Hit the gym for a solid upper body workout... and then returned to Balboa.  Again super sweaty but yet again that was okay by him.  He wanted more hugs and kisses.

No comments: