As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

It Just Keeps Getting Bigger... Tuesday, July 25

Met up with Launch Lab today to go a business idea of mine.  I'm looking to hire them to take care of a part of my business.

Wait... what is your business, Amy?!

Good question.

It's funny just how many people are supporting me and encouraging me with launching my next business, my third business I should note, but just how many have no idea what my business actually is.

It's like my original company, my first business -- Flipside Fitness, however it'll be somewhat on the level that Hulk's was but different.

It's a female-only clubhouse, ran by women for only women... and I'll stop and just leave it at that.

Today I went to Launch Lab to discuss their potential and possible involvement with my business and in telling them my thoughts and exchanging ideas I realized that perhaps yes, this is more than I can chew off, but perhaps I can actually pull it off.

I'm contemplating taking on a partner for my business venture.

This will definitely have to be a corporation.

At this point in my business planning I am just as excited as I am scared about what I'm proposing.  I'm looking to launch something that's going to have any where from 10-18 people working directly with my at my clubhouse, another handful of people outside of the clubhouse who'll be taking on the responsibility and workload of particular parts of my business, and then there are the investors, my PR rep, the graffiti artist, my main business mentors, and my suppliers.  I'm looking at establishing a team of at least 40, and then of course there is the crew I need to hire to get this clubhouse physically up and running -- the contractor and his construction crew, the electrician, the corporate lawyer, etc.  And last but definitely not least, there are also the clubhouse clients -- the people I really want this clubhouse to really help and make a solid, healthy, happy community for.

No comments: