As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Jumping Full Force into the New Week

I'm all about positive affirmations and sometimes wearing one on my shirt is all it takes to get me refocused and training hard.  Today, my shirt read "I'm not here to be average, I'm here to be awesome".
Some days it's hard to bring 100% to training but today wasn't one of those days.
Friday, yes, but not today.
In the evening I attended a business networking event I was invited to.
The event was for budding entrepreneurs, particularly Fil-Ams (Filipino Americans).
I ran into a friend of mine, a fellow female entrepreneur.  
Her boyfriend is a pro boxer whom I've actually trained with.
The event was held at a local bar and both the bar area, the patio and the main room quickly became so packed with people that many opted to sit on the floor.  And yes, even a four-legged guy attended.
It was a great event, full of numerous entrepreneurs who ranged from budding to full on bloomed.  I mingled with them all afterwards, exchanged stories and business cards, and then went home with a headful of new ideas and leads to follow up on.

[Note:  I didn't actually get in on this shot.  I am neither Filipino or American so I sat out.]

No comments: