As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Working on My Branding... Saturday, July 22

Last night I had one of those moments when I felt some sense was shaken into me and today I woke up with the situation still fresh on my brain.  I was personally invited to a business networking opportunity last night where I was quite to shut off and dismiss someone.  After the meeting I was then taken aside and talked to.  There were three of them that sat me down and talked to me.  At first it was a bit humbling and I was embarassed for my silliness but I knew well enough to know that they only had my best interest in mind.  I know they're all in my corner with regards to getting my business off the ground and I'm completely and so incredibly blessed to have all three of them in my life.  

I knew I was in the wrong and I admitted it.

I left them having felt like I had been shaken, knocked some sense into my body, and today I woke up wanting to really be proactive with the advice and comments they had given me. 

So I went out for a run.

I had already scheduled to do a morning fasted run but today I mapped out a route and anticipated it being a longer run and definitely a better one than last Saturday's one.  And it was.  It was a fabulous run and I came home super hyper about a zillion billion ideas I had pondered about my business during my run. 

After showering and eating, I then got busy with working on my business.

Today's business was going to be on my branding... branding myself.

My brand is fierce and strong, and it has a dash of boldness and a splash of badass.

I've started to incorporate my branding in my pictures that I post on Instagram.  See the above pictures.  I was playing around with editing styles and love the look that a mix of colour blocking with gray tones in the background looks.  I started using that for all the pictures I post on Instagram. I think it gives a more focused and edgy look that's in line with my branding.

No comments: