As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Jumping Right into the New Work Week

Pulled out this picture today when I told the boys at the boxing club that I got dolled up for a wedding this past weekend and they giggled. One in particular had his doubts and said I "probably looked like a boy in a dress". "BAM", I said, "check me out... there's a whole lotta woman in that dress!!!... You wouldn't even know what to do with all this woman!"
Jumped into the ring for 6 rounds of sparring with Coach Bogs. Talk about starting the new work week off with a bang... literally, to the head, to the body, and every where in between.
Just because I train a lot doesn't mean it isn't hard... or painful. Ab work with Coach Bogs after six rounds of sparring and also padwork, intense. That first punch to my core hit the bottom of my rib cage and was very painful but he kept going. Push yourself to challenge yourself. Challenge yourself to change yourself.

Boxing in the morning and then back to the boxing club in the evening for functional weight training, upper body where I was joined by one of my gal pals. Cheers to the girls working on their bodies. That stuff is hard and I'm proud of you.  Proud of my friend, she trains hard.

No comments: