As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Poor Little Balboa... Wednesday, September 13

Houston, we have a problem.

I think I may have squished Balboa while sleeping... I'm not serious.

I woke up yesterday and he wasn't up to his stalkerish-self.  He never bounced out of bed after me, never slipped into the bathroom behind me when I went to brush my teeth, and he didn't even want to go for a walk.  He was a stiff-looking old man of a dog the entire day.  I thought maybe he had eaten something weird, like perhaps that sample package of food he had yesterday didn't sit well with his tummy, so I thought I'd give him some time to lay low and sleep it off.

Then today started and he really was no different than yesterday.

I spent the entire day rushing back home from training and coaching to check up on him.

Am convinced that it should be illegal to Google conditions online, seriously.  Whenever I Google something for myself or a friend, it always comes up cancer, but when I Googled something for Balboa, "seek immediate medical attention" kept on coming up.

I don't want to be one of those mothers who jumps to conclusions and rushes their child to the doctor at every sneeze, cough or tear.  And yeah so Balboa isn't exactly a typical child, he's got four legs and licks his own butt, I get it, but he's my child.  I also don't want to be one of those delinquent parents who sees the signs, ignores them, and then ends up dealing with bigger issues that could have been prevented, stopped or treated.

There's a fine line and I think I'm sitting on it right now.

I don't spoil Balboa with treats, he's given plenty of affection, and he knows the rules of the house.

No barking.
No peeing in the house.
No begging for food.
No eating any of the laundry.
No jumping onto the kitchen chairs.
At bedtime he's not allowed to rome in the rest of the condo.

He is loved.

He is so very loved and to see him in pain is heartbreaking but I've been told to hold off on taking him in.

No comments: