As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Rolling with the Punches and Going Strong

I've started training part time with Kristian Hernandez of Hernandez Boxing and today I met up 
with him and his little man at The Belle & Dragon for the Canelo v GGG fight.
Unlike the Mayweather and McGregor fight, this was a REAL boxing bout and it was super intense.
Enjoyed yelling and bickering about the fight with this massive table of fun friends.
After spending my morning watching Canelo pound away at GGG with those body shots, I then spent a chunk of my evening taking body shots from Coach Bogs. 
No sooner did I finish sparring but then I rushed home, shower, ate and then rushed out 
the door for another business event, a party by BAMBike.
My team, "The Knockouts", took the big win at a trivia game tonight. Thanks to Bryan​ at Bambike​ for hosting the BamBBQ for World Bamboo Day and bringing us all together! Met some great new people, saw some sweet familiar faces and it was an awesome bonus that my team won at trivia, very cool!

No comments: