As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 15, 2017

Skipped Out so I Lost Out... Friday, September 15

I did the mistake of going to boxing late, that was my first mistake.
I did the mistake of not taking a nap after training, that was my second mistake.

The consequences of those two mistakes -- training in the dead heat of noon and then not giving my body time to rest and recuperate -- meant I was in zombie mode by 7pm came around.

Rest is just as important to the body as food and training are.  That's the truth.

I have a lot on my plate right now.  My meetings yesterday raised a lot of food for thought and now I'm redoing my pitch deck and having to type up a partner agreement contract for a possible partner I sat down with and may be taking on.  I need to be more specific with my business objectives and I need to put into print the division of responsibilities and duties.  It means a lot more brain picking and a lot more office work. 

I had designated tonight as being my office time but with me crashing into zombie mode, I could barely decide on what to eat let alone try to figure out any legalities and spit them out onto the computer screen.

Note to self, naps aren't just for kids.

No comments: