As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Stopping to Breath... Sunday, September 10

It's been go, go, go for the past week with four days in a row keeping me out till after midnight.  The past couple of nights I've only had 4 hours of sleep each night and I knew full well it'd catch up with me.  No amount of strong caffienated coffee was going to save me.

Took today off everything and everyone... except Balboa that is.

No church for me today.
No market for me today.
No sparring for me today.

I was relieved when I found out that the next big fight I'm scheduled to watch wasn't today and is in fact next Sunday.  That was one less thing I had to cancel for the day.

I slept in till about 1pm, the latest I've slept in since only God knows when, and then I woke up to homemade pancakes and little Balboa luring me to the couch so he could lay on me while I lounged away.  Today I wasn't 100% in lazy mode, I did get out to Cash & Carry, dealt with some business messages and then I headed out to a favourite little restaurant for a cozy little dinner date.  

I have big expectations for this upcoming week; I'm hoping to have at least 3 of the 5 big business meetings I need to lock down.  This past week was pretty eventful too so I didn't feel bad soaking up some down time.  

No comments: