As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Feeling Blessed... Tuesday, November 21

Boxing with Coach Bogs at Elite Boxing in the morning.

Boxing with Coach Kristian Hernandez at Hernandez Boxing in the afternoon.

It was a double dose of boxing today but both sessions couldn't be more opposite even if I tried. 

Coach Bogs likes to exhaust me with mad combos and rounds on the heavy bag but Coach Kristian takes a much more technical approach and works on specific detailed drills.  The two work super well together with attacking all aspects of the game.

Kristian has been awesome with collaborating with me and Empowered.  He's pulling strings for me and is definitely in my corner so I'm very grateful.  Today he confirmed with me that I'll be able to host my new Empowered boxing class that I'm looking to launch.  We're going to launch it in January, 2018.  I was super thrilled to hear that both Kristian and City Club are in on this but he dropped some more awesome news today when he asked me if I'd be willing to teach a group boxing class for City Club at his club.  This means I'll be doing both a boxing class for Empowered and for City Club, awesome.  Of course my answer was a big "hell yes"!  I had origianlly asked him only if I could host a boxing class for Empowered at his club and now he's asking me to do another, so very awesome.  I was thrilled at his news.

The ball is definitely rolling with Empowered and it's been super encouraging to see who has been supporting me with it.  

Just feeling very blessed today.

No comments: