As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, February 12, 2018

A Strong MonSLAY... Monday, February 12

I've been working for awhile on a website for Empowered.  I pick at it, add things here and there, drop things, adjust other things, and play around with some ideas on it.  It's not yet done but will it ever really be?  It'll always be evolving, just like me.  I overthink a lot of things, I know, I'm well aware of this, and often this is what holds me back.  I want to prepare and then prepare some more.  My move to the Philippines wasn't a planned thing, I was just suppose to be here for three months, so my move here was totally unexpected.  But it's proven to be so worth the jump.  I took a leap of faith, jumped with two feet, and landed nicely here in The Fort, BGC.  

Today I took another jump.  Well, I was more like pushed.

I was pondering over the website when I decided to take a break and go to the bathroom.  I was talking to Snickers and he had been sitting there watching me.  When I was in the bathroom he took out his credit card and went into my wix profile.  

And just like that, my website was launched.

I had already purchased the domain name but hadn't yet paid for wix or made the connection.  Today it happened.

They say if you wait till you're ready you'll never be ready.  Many times there is no waiting till you're ready, till you're comfortable.  Instead, it's just about taking that leap of faith and going with it.  I'm going with my website.  I'd love it if you'd check it out and give me some feedback.  I have a mini blog on it that's more or less just for Empowered-focus things like events and training sessions I'm running and other random notices.  

It's just a website, sure, but it is more of Empowered that I'm putting out there for the world, potential investors and future clients to critic, judge me, and formulate their opinion about me and my company on.  

No comments: