As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

I Just Want to Train... Saturday, April 14

Still not quite feeling on par with how I was before my sparring injury but I can't afford to miss another day of training so into the boxing I went today.  I had a full day of working out and work actually; it was such a busy day.  

Boxing in the afternoon and then business in the evening.

I woke up late... nothing really went down in the morning except me enjoying my breakfast.

Still trying to sort out the legalities with my boxing license in Korea which means I've become this nagging woman when dealing with Snickers.  Yes, I'm going through him regarding my license.  I woke up an authorisation letter that Korea has to sign or copy and paste on their letter head and sign, but it's Snickers that has to present it to them.  I'm legally bound to him as my boxing manager.  Am I stressed about it?  Ummmm... yes.  That's a hell yes to that.  Once I get that signed though, wow.  Freedom is mine.  I'll never have to ask him again for legalities regarding my boxing license because I won't be registered as a Korean boxer anymore.  I'll be a Filipino boxer.  Part of me suspects that he realizes not only the importance of this but that it's basically the last string that connects us.  Sure, our divorce isn't official yet but that really doesn't interrupt my life nor does it restrict me with anything.  I just can't get married again until it gets signed but that's okay.  I don't care to ever get married again.

Did that, done that.  Not doing it again.  

My business here in the Philippines, Empowered, isn't officially under my name so it's untouchable to Snickers.  I made a corporation and, on papers, it belongs to five Filipinos here that I know, that I trust, and that I am very confident with.  Snickers owns 96% of my business and then next person that owns the next biggest chunk is my Business Development Partner.  She owns 3%.  The plan is to legalize my divorce and then get make a paper trail for myself here.  Until then though, I know better not to give him a breadcrumb trail to cash in on.  I know him well enough though to know that he personally would never do that but I also know his family and they're a whole other story.  They're hungry and they don't play fair.  It's sad.  I feel sorry for Snickers because of them but I can't try to be his hero anymore.  I don't even sees what the problem is.

But anyways...

Trying to sort out Korea as I get closer and closer to the potential fight day.  I wish I could just get this sorted out so that I could focus solely on training for it.  All this background "noise" is getting ridiculous and it keeps me up late at night.

No comments: